Tuesday, April 10, 2012 by skemarangkaian
The Adjustable Switching Regulator Circuit with LM2576 are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving 3A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and an adjustable output version.
|LM2576 IC Package|
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation and a fixed-frequency oscillator. The Adjustable Switching Regulator Circuit with LM2576 offers a high-efficiency replacement for popular three-terminal linear regulators. It substantially reduces the size of the heat sink, and in some cases no heat sink is required.
|IC Switching Regulator Circuit with LM2576|
A standard Adjustable Switching Regulator Circuit with LM2576 of inductors optimized for use with the LM2576 are available from several different manufacturers. This feature greatly simplifies the design of switch-mode power supplies.
Other features include a guaranteed ±4% tolerance on output voltage within specified input voltages and output load conditions, and ±10% on the oscillator frequency. External shutdown is included, featuring 50 μA (typical) standby current. The output switch includes cycle-by-cycle current limiting, as well as thermal shutdown for full protection under fault conditions.
Features Adjustable Switching Regulator Circuit with LM2576 :
- 3.3V, 5V, 12V, 15V, and adjustable output versions
- Adjustable version output voltage range,1.23V to 37V
- Guaranteed 3A output current
- Wide input voltage range, 40V up to 60V for HV version
- Requires only 4 external components
- 52 kHz fixed frequency internal oscillator
- TTL shutdown capability, low power standby mode
- High efficiency
- Uses readily available standard inductors
- Thermal shutdown and current limit protection
- P+ Product Enhancement tested